Tired of the same old breakfast menu? Looking for a few new ideas to spice up your morning routine? How about alkaline breakfast ideas that are both delicious and nutritious? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we’ll share 10 of our favorite Dr Sebi breakfast ideas. These recipes are sure to help you start your day off on the right foot.
What is the Dr. Sebi Diet?
The Dr. Sebi Diet is a plant-based diet that was created by the late herbalist Dr. Sebi. The diet is based on the belief that all diseases are caused by mucus in the body, and that eating alkaline foods can help to cleanse the body of toxins and prevent disease.
The diet consists of two parts: an initial cleansing phase, during which only certain foods are eaten, followed by a revitalization phase, during which a wider variety of alkaline foods are permitted.
While the diet has been praised by some for its ability to improve health, it has also been criticised for being overly restrictive and lacking in scientific evidence. Nonetheless, the Dr. Sebi Diet remains a popular choice for those seeking an alternative to the standard American diet that is overly acidic and disease promoting.
Alkaline Breakfast Ideas
Starting your day with a nutritious breakfast is a great way to set the tone for the rest of the day. A nutritious breakfast is the perfect way to start your day, and there are plenty of alkaline-friendly options to choose from. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Alkaline Breakfast Cereals
If you’re looking for a nutritious and delicious way to start your day, look no further than these five alkaline breakfast cereals. Quinoa is a nutrient-rich grain that is perfect for breakfast. Not only is it high in protein and fiber, but it is also alkalizing.
Another great option is buckwheat. This hearty grain has a nutty flavor that goes well with milk. Spelt flakes are another excellent choice for breakfast. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and they have a slightly sweet taste that makes them perfect for breakfast cereal. Lastly, don’t forget about flaxseed meal. These options are high in nutrients and fiber, and they make a great addition to any breakfast cereal.
2. Alkaline Breakfast Bowls
Alkaline breakfast bowls are becoming more popular as people learn about the benefits of an alkaline diet. Breakfast bowls are a great way to incorporate alkaline foods into the diet.
Bowls typically include fruits and vegetables, which are high in alkalinity. In addition, many breakfast bowls also include protein-rich sources such as hemp seeds or avocados. As a result, breakfast bowls can be a simple and delicious way to start the day on an alkaline diet.
Start your day on the right foot with one of these 5 alkaline breakfast bowls:
- The Green Bowl: This bowl is packed with healthy greens, including kale, spinach, and chard. Throw in some avocado for creaminess and a touch of key lime juice to brighten things up. top with your favorite seeds or nuts for a little crunch.
- The Sunshine Bowl: This bowl is all about bringing the sunshine, with a powerful combination of turmeric, ginger, and citrus fruits. We like to add in some quinoa or wild rice for staying power, plus some hemp seeds for protein. Top with a sprinkle of chili for a little heat.
- The immunity booster: This bowl is loaded with ingredients that help support the immune system, including cloves, onions, and mushrooms. We like to add in some wild rice or quinoa for staying power. Sprinkle with a little bit of dried oregano or thyme for flavor.
- The antioxidant bowl: This bowl is full of antioxidant-rich foods like berries, nuts and seeds.
3. Alkaline Breakfast Drinks
There are many benefits to drinking alkaline water, including improved digestion and absorption of nutrients, increased energy levels, and detoxification. But did you know that you can also make alkaline breakfast drinks?
If you’re looking to start your day with a healthy, alkaline breakfast drink, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are five of the best:
- Green smoothie: Start your day with a nutrient-rich green smoothie made with kale, cucumber, and key limes and some dandelion greens.
- Hemp milk latte: Combine hemp milk, ginger, and agave to make a delicious and anti-inflammatory latte.
- Key Lime water: Start your day with a glass of warm water with freshly squeezed key lime juice. This simple drink will help to wake up your digestive system and promote detoxification.
- Green juice: Green juices are packed with nutrients and enzymes that help alkalize the body.
- Green Coconut water: Coconut water is a refreshing way to hydrate and helps to balance pH levels in the body.
4. Alkaline Breakfast Bars
Alkaline breakfast bars are a popular choice for breakfasts nowadays. These bars will give you the energy you need to start your day. In addition, they’re all vegan and gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy them.
- Blueberry Nutty Breakfast Bar: This bar is made with fresh blueberries, nuts, and oats, and it’s bound to give you a boost of energy.
- Pineapple Coconut Breakfast Bar: If you’re looking for something a little lighter, try the Pineapple Coconut Breakfast Bar. This bar is made with pineapple, coconut, and hemp seeds, and it’s perfect for a tropical-themed breakfast.
- Coconut Butter Breakfast Bar: For a protein-packed option, try this. This bar is made with coconut butter, hempseeds, and spelt, and it will give you sustained energy throughout the morning.
- Savory Herb Breakfast Bar: If you prefer a savory breakfast bar, then this is for you. Made with herbs, nuts, and seeds, this bar is savory and flavorful.
Related: Who is an Alkaline Vegan?
5. Alkaline Breakfast Soups
While some people think of soup as a lunch or dinner food, there are plenty of soups that make a great breakfast. Here are five of our favorites:
- Spiced Onion Soup: This soup is packed with vitamins and antioxidants, and the spices give it a warm, inviting flavor.
- Green Detox Soup: This soup is full of alkalizing ingredients like kale, watercress, and cucumber. It’s perfect for starting your day with a clean slate.
- Turmeric Lentil Soup: This richly-flavored soup gets its yellow color from turmeric, an ingredient that has numerous health benefits.
- Creamy Tomato Soup: This comforting soup is made with fresh tomatoes and creamy coconut milk. It’s perfect for a chilly morning.
- Veggie-Packed Soup: This Italian soup is loaded with veggies like zucchini, and tomatoes. It’s a great way to get your fill of vegetables first thing in the day.
6. Alkaline Breakfast Water
There are many benefits to drinking alkaline water, and starting your day with it is a great way to get your daily dose. Here are some alkaline breakfast water recipes to help you start your day off right:
- Key Lime Water: Simply squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a glass of water and enjoy.
- Coconut Water: Add a few tablespoons of coconut water to your glass of water for a refreshing and hydrating drink.
- Berry Water: Add a handful of fresh or frozen berries to your water for a delicious and healthy treat.
- Herb Water: Add a sprig of basil, burdock or other fresh herb to your glass of water for a refreshing twist.
- Cucumber Water: Add a few slices of cucumber, carrot, or other vegetables to your water for added nutrients.
- Sea Moss Water: Add a tablespoon of sea moss gel to water.
7. Alkaline Breakfast Smoothies
Start your day off right with one of these nutritious and delicious alkaline breakfast smoothies. These smoothies are a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.
- “Green Giant” smoothie, which is packed with kale, and cucumber. If you’re not a fan of green smoothies, don’t worry – the sweetness of the apples and grapes will balance out the taste. For a little extra protein, try adding a scoop of coconut butter. This smoothie is perfect for those mornings when you need an extra boost of energy.
- “Tropical Sunrise” smoothie, which is full of tropical fruits like pineapple, mango, and papaya. This one is perfect for summertime – it’s light, refreshing, and packed with flavor. You can also add a tablespoon of sea moss gel to make it a little creamier.
- For something a little different, try the “Berry Blast” smoothie. This one features berries, bananas, and hemp milk for a sweet and creamy treat.
- Alkaline Soursop Smoothie: Made with the flesh of soursop or guanabana, this smoothie is sure to give that extra energy boost. Add some key lime juice or sea moss for added benefits. You can also add some date syrup or agave for added sweetness.
8. Alkaline Breakfast Juices
There are many benefits to drinking alkaline juice in the morning, including improved digestion, increased energy levels, and reduced inflammation. Plus, drinking alkaline juice is a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables.
There are a variety of recipes available, so finding one that suits your taste should be easy. Here are five of our favorite recipes:
- The Classic: This juice is packed with nutrients and is perfect for those who are new to juicing. Simply combine apple, mango, kale, and key lime juice.
- The Green Giant: This one is for the veggie lovers out there! Combine kale, cucumber, cilantro, parsley, and green apple juice.
- The Tropical Sunrise: This juicy blend is perfect for summer mornings. Combine pineapple, mango, orange juice, and key lime juice.
- The Berry Boost: This sweet and tart juice is perfect for a mid-morning snack. Combine raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and key lime juice.
- The Powerhouse: This one is for the serious juicers! Combine ginger, soursops, and orange juice.
9. Alkaline Breakfast Toasts
A little bit of creativity in the kitchen can go a long way towards making a healthy breakfast more exciting. These five alkaline breakfast toasts are a perfect example. Packed with nutrient-rich ingredients, they’ll give you the energy you need to start your day on the right foot.
- Avocado, tomato, and microgreens toast: The healthy fats in the avocado will help keep you feeling full, while the tomatoes provide a dose of vitamain C. The microgreens add a touch of flavor and color.
- For something a little sweeter, try the second toast with coconut butter, burro banana, and cinnamon. The almond butter provides protein and healthy fats, while the banana gives you some natural sugar for an early morning boost. The cinnamon adds flavor and antioxidants.
- If you’re looking for something savory, then try arugula, hemp milk, key lime juice and papaya. The arugula provides some antioxidant power. The key lime gives the toast a tart and juicy flavor.
- The fourth toast is perfect for those who like their breakfast on the spicy side. It features hummus, radishes, and chili flakes.
10. Alkaline Breakfast Wraps
If you’re in the mood for something a little different for breakfast, then try an alkaline wrap. Alkaline wraps are made with ingredients that help to balance the body’s pH levels. This can be helpful if you’re feeling a bit run down or dealing with any kind of stomach upset.
- To make an alkaline wrap, simply spread some hummus on a whole wheat tortilla and top with your favorite veggies. Then, wrap it up and enjoy.
- The veggie wrap. This wrap is packed full of healthy vegetables like kale, tomatoes, and peppers. If you’re feeling especially hungry, you can also add in some mushrooms. The best part about this wrap is that it’s totally customizable – feel free to add in any other vegetables that you like.
- For something a little different, try the fruit and coconut butter wrap. This wrap is made with coconut butter, fresh fruit, and spelt flakes. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something sweet and satisfying.
If you’re looking for some new breakfast ideas to help keep your body alkaline balance, we’ve got you covered. From simple smoothies to cereals and wraps, there’s something for everyone.
So get cooking and enjoy a delicious and nutritious start to your day.