Are you curious about the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet food list? Wondering which foods are allowed and which ones are off limits? Keep reading to find out!
Science has proven that a plant based diet is the key to a long and healthy life. But what does that mean? What exactly should you eat? What actually is the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet food list?
What is the Dr. Sebi Diet?
The Dr. Sebi diet is an alkaline plant-based diet developed by Dr. Sebi, a renowned natural herbalist. This alkaline diet involves eating only foods that are alkaline-promoting since they promote health and avoiding acidic foods that contribute to disease.
The Dr. Sebi food list consists of his nutritional guide, do’s and don’t’s as well as the incorporation of herbal remedies, fasting, detox, eating schedule and supplementation.
While there is some debate as to whether or not the alkaline diet actually has health benefits, the Dr. Sebi alkaline food list includes a variety of nutrient-rich and healthy foods.
The Dr. Sebi Cell Food List
The Dr. Sebi alkaline diet food list, also called the Dr. Sebi cell food list or the Dr. Sebi electric food list is a list of strictly plant-based alkaline foods approved by Dr. Sebi. These Dr. Sebi recommended list of foods are natural, non-hybrid, non-GMO, seeded fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds and nuts.
These Dr. Sebi cell foods expels mucus from the cells since they work to do this on the cellular, and intra-cellular level.
The Dr. Sebi Approved food list expels mucus, promotes alkaline body balance, and helps detox and revitalise the body.
The Dr. Sebi alkaline food list is a list of approved natural, plant-based foods that promotes good health by following an alkaline diet. The foods on the list are mainly fruits and vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds and excludes animal foods, processed, hybrid and GMO food products.
Now, we know what the list entails, what actually is an alkaline diet?
The alkaline diet entails eating foods that will maintain a healthy alkaline balance in the body. This means eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, as well as avoiding acidic foods such as meats, dairy, and processed foods.
The alkaline diet is based on the premise that disease can only thrive in an acidic environment. Our bodies works to maintain a slightly alkaline pH environment (7.4 pH). This is the optimal pH that promotes health and prevents disease.
However, when the body and blood becomes acidic, everything goes crazy with chronic inflammation, and consequently DIS-EASE.
We should know that our bodies are optimally in constant homeostasis. When this homeostatic balance is compromised, the body sends stress signals to the brain. And so, when our bodies become too acidic (chronic acidity over years due to bad diet), the blood will attempt to compensate for this “stress” by borrowing minerals from the bones, and other body tissues to balance its pH.
This results in a chronically drained body that makes the tissues and organs nutritionally leeched, fatigued and overworked.
According to Dr. Sebi:
The Dr. Sebi Nutritional Guidelines: 3 Rules
Dr. Sebi developed a special form of the alkaline diet that excludes most plant-based foods that were otherwise regarded as healthy in the mainstream alkaline diet circles.
The foods not approved in his food list are acidic and could create an environment susceptible to disease. Plant based foods such as carrots, soy, broccoli, beets, spinach, lemon, mint, garlic, etc are excluded since they are hybrids and acidic.
The alkaline foods on his own diet are entirely plant-based alkaline and anti-inflammatory. They can help to cleanse the body and prevent disease.
Dr. Sebi’s rules includes:
- Drink Spring Water (1 gallon daily):
- No microwaving
- Eat Only Foods Approved in the Dr. Sebi Food List
Dr. Sebi Mucus Diet
The Dr. Sebi alkaline diet is a mucus-reducing diet. Dr. Sebi says mucus is the cause of disease and that foods which are mucus-forming are acidic foods. Alkaline foods remove mucus and promote health.
Most of the approved alkaline foods are vegan, mostly whole foods plant based. Although lightly processed foods like certain natural oils is allowed on the diet but not to be cooked.
Ultimately, the theory behind the alkaline diet is that when the body is too acidic, it becomes a breeding ground for illness and disease. Eating alkaline foods, on the other hand, can help to neutralize acidity and promote good health.
Dr. Sebi Original Electric Food List (2016)
Most of the original Dr. Sebi food list was from foods approved in 2016, however, this list has been updated since then. While some foods were added (like wild arugula and watercress), many others were removed. Below is a comprehensive guide of the list from 2016, through 2017, 2020 and presently.
Table: Dr. Sebi Food List 2016
|Removed Foods||Added Foods||2017-present (after Dr. Sebi’s death)|
Poke salad greens
Sugar apples (chermoya)
Almonds and Almond butter
100% Pure Maple Syrup
Maple “Sugar” (from dried maple syrup)
Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit)
Flor de Manita
After learning about the Dr. Sebi’s “African Bio Mineral Balance theory” and his methodology of using alkaline vegan foods and electric herbs, and seeing that this works, it now makes so much sense to me.
These alkaline foods and herbs helps to alkalize your body which promotes returning your body from its acidic state to a more alkaline state.
The Dr. Sebi Food List: Does it Work?
While many people may have their doubts on the claims of the alkaline diet, I would say it works. I haven’t been sick in years since adopting this lifestyle (yes, it’s a lifestyle!). And what more? energy levels for me are increasing daily, despite advancing in age. And you just kinda feel so good about yourself. So, you can do it.
If you want to start with this food list, i recommend taking it slow and easy as you begin. You can transition from leaving out meat first, and then slowly to fish and eggs, and dairy.
I find that meat and diary was the easiest for me to stop overnight. Took a while before i finally gave up fish and other seafood. Yes, and then cutting out all processed foods. Store-bought breads and cereals were hard to give up.
Download the free Dr. sebi nutritional guide in pdf below
The Dr. Sebi Approved food list
The alkaline diet is a diet that focuses on eating foods that are alkaline-forming. These foods include fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, and whole grains. Eating these foods helps to keep the body’s pH in balance and can help to improve health.
Foods to Eat on the Dr. Sebi Alkaline Diet
If you’re interested in following the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet, there are three things you should know.
- First, it’s important to focus on consuming whole, unprocessed foods.
- Second, you’ll want to avoid foods that are high in acidity. These include animal products, such as meat and dairy, as well as processed foods, caffeine, alcohol, and sugar.
- Thirdly, focus on eating alkaline-promoting foods. All foods listed on the Dr. Sebi nutritional guide are approved and alkaline.
- Fourth, follow all other dietary recommendations as listed in his nutritional guide.
The Dr. Sebi Electric Food List
Below is the full Dr. Sebi food list. Do note that there are some items Dr. Sebi added and remeobved while he was alive. Also, a handful of herbs were added after his death. So, this is the current list of Dr. Sebi alkaline approved foods.
Dr. Sebi Vegetables List
- Amaranth Amaranth greens – same as Callaloo, a variety of Spinach
- Wild Arugula (added)
- Asparagus – (removed)
- Bell Peppers
- Chayote (Mexican Squash)
- Dandelion greens Dandelion greens
- Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- Green Banana – (removed)
- Izote – cactus flower/ cactus leaf- grows naturally in California
- Jicama – (removed)
- Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
- Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
- Mustard greens (removed)
- Nopales – Mexican Cactus
- Okra (added back after being removed)
- Olives (and olive oil)
- Parsley (removed)
- Purslane (Verdolaga) – (added)
- Poke salad -greens (removed)
- Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
- Spinach – (removed)
- String beans – (removed)
- Tomato – cherry and plum only
- Turnip greens
- Watercress – (added)
Dr. Sebi Fruit list
(No canned fruits or Seedless fruits)
- Bananas – baby banana or the Burro/mid-size
- Berries – all varieties- Elderberries in any form – no cranberries
- Grapes -seeded
- Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
- Melons -seeded
- Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find)
- Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit) – (added)
- Raisins -seeded
- Soft Jelly Coconuts (and coconut oil)
- Soursops – (Latin or West Indian markets)
- Sugar apples (chermoya) – (removed)
- Tamarind – (added)
Dr. Sebi Nuts and Seeds List
(Includes nut & seed butters)
- Brazil Nuts – (added)
- Hemp Seed (added)
- Hazelnuts – (removed)
- Pine Nuts – (removed)
- Raw Almonds and Almond butter- (removed)
- Raw Sesame Seeds
- Raw Sesame “Tahini” Butter
Dr. Sebi Oils List
(New Section added by Dr. Sebi) Limit the use of oils
- Olive Oil (Do not cook)
- Coconut Oil (Do not cook)
- Grapeseed Oil (added)
- Sesame Oil (added)
- Hempseed Oil (added)
- Avocado Oil (added)
Dr. Sebi Spices and Seasonings List
- Allspice (removed)
- Bay leaf
- Cayenne/African Bird Pepper
- Cilantro (removed)
- Coriander (removed)
- Cumin (removed)
- Habanero (added)
- Marjoram (removed)
- Onion Powder
- Parsley (removed)
- Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori – has “sea taste”)
- Pure Sea Salt
- Savory (added)
- Sweet Basil (added)
Dr. Sebi Approved Sweeteners
- 100% Pure Agave Syrup – (from cactus)
- Date “Sugar – (from dried dates)
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup – Grade B recommended – (removed)
- Maple “Sugar” (from dried maple syrup) – (removed)
Dr. Sebi Grains List
- Alkaline Grains
- Black Rice – (removed)
- Fonio – (added)
- Wild Rice
Dr. Sebi Herbal Teas
- Alvaca (removed)
- Anise (removed)
- Burdock (added)
- Lemon grass (removed)
- Red Raspberry
- Cuachalalate (added after Dr. Sebi’s death)
- Flor de Manita (added after Dr. Sebi’s death)
- Gordo Lobo (added after Dr. Sebi’s death)
- Muicle (added after Dr. Sebi’s death)
Dr. Sebi Cell Food Supplements List
- iron plus
- bio ferro
- male balance
The Updated Dr. Sebi Food List
|Amaranth greens – same as Callaloo|
Chayote (Mexican Squash)
Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
Izote – cactus flower/ cactus leaf- grows naturally in California
Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
Nopales – Mexican Cactus
Okra (added back after being removed)
Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
Tomato – cherry and plum only
Bananas – baby banana or the Burro/mid-size
Berries – all varieties, no cranberries
Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find)
Soft Jelly Coconuts (and coconut oil)
Cayenne/African Bird Pepper
Powdered Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori – has “sea taste”)
Pure Sea Salt
Flor de Manita
|Grains||Nuts and Seeds||Oils||Sweeteners||Herbal teas|
Raw Sesame Seeds
Raw Sesame “Tahini” Butter
|Olive Oil (Do not cook)|
Coconut Oil (Do not cook)
|100% Pure Agave Syrup – (from cactus)|
Date “Sugar – (from dried dates)
The Dr. Sebi Food Chart
What is the Dr. Sebi Cell food Products?
Dr. Sebi’s cell food compounds are a unique, all-natural product formulated by Dr. Sebi himself that helps to support and detoxify the body. Also known as Dr. Sebi supplements, they are a blend of organic wildcrafted herbs and minerals that work together to cleanse and detox the cells in the body, expelling mucus and providing them with the nutrients they need to function properly.
The Dr. Sebi Cell Food is a natural food supplement that helps to support the body’s own detoxification and healing process. It is safe and can be taken on a daily basis.
Cell Food is available in various forms (liquid and powder), and can be taken orally or mixed with spring water or juice. Dr. Sebi recommends to take them on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before meals.
Dr. Sebi Cell food products include: Viento, Estro, Testo, Green food plus, Male balance, Bio Ferro, etc
What Did Dr. Sebi Eat?
Dr. Sebi himself ate mostly alkaline plant-based foods. The foods he ate included mostly fresh fruits and vegetables listed on his nutritional guide of approved food list, as well as alkaline electric herbs, sea moss and lots of natural spring water.
These foods helped to maintain his body’s pH levels at a healthy, alkaline level.
Dr. Sebi Top foods
The top foods recommended by Dr. Sebi include:
- Sea moss: wildcrafted
- Electric Herbs: Sarsaparilla, Burdock, Rhubarb, etc
- Vegetables: Green leafy veggies like amaranth greens, watercress, etc
- Grains: wild rice, spelt, teff
- Spring water
Dr. Sebi Eating Schedule
It is generally recommended that you eat approximately every 3 hours. This will help to keep your blood sugar levels stable and prevent you from getting too hungry. It is also important to make sure that you are eating a variety of different foods that are approved in the nutritional guide.
Dr. Sebi’s eating schedule is as follows:
- Upon waking up, drink 2 glasses of natural spring water (sometimes with the juice of 1/2 key lime squeezed into each glass).
- Breakfast should be eaten within 1 hour of waking up and should consist of raw fruits and vegetables (sometimes smoothies). Try to eat at least 85% alkaline foods.
- Lunch should be eaten 2-3 hours after breakfast and should consist of mainly raw fruits and vegetables.
- Dinner should be eaten 3-4 hours after lunch and should consist of mainly raw fruits and vegetables. .
- If you are still hungry after dinner, you can have a small snack of raw fruits or a handful of approved nuts (avoid nuts if trying to heal).
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day, especially water. Herbal teas can also be taken alongside.
- Take cell food supplements 30 minutes before meals
- Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as you can. No calorie restriction.
- Smoothies are best taken in the mornings
- Fasting with water, fresh juices, smoothies, tamarind and raw veggies.
- Incorporate sea moss gel into smoothies and juices. It can also be eaten as is
Following Dr. Sebi’s eating schedule will help to cleanse and detoxify your body, and will also promote weight loss.
Eating raw fruits and vegetables will give your body the nutrients it needs to function properly, and avoiding processed, refined, and packaged foods will help to eliminate toxins from your system. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help to keep your body hydrated and functioning properly.
And finally, fasting with water, fresh juices, smoothies, tamarind and raw veggies will improve the detox process and easily expel mucus from the body.
Benefits of the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet
The Dr. Sebi alkaline diet is a vegan, organic, and holistic approach to eating that has many benefits including:
Benefits of the Dr. Sebi alkaline diet
- The diet is designed to help the body rid itself of mucus, acidity, toxins, inflammation and help restore balance
- The benefits of the diet include weight loss, increased energy, better skin health, and improved digestion
- The Dr. Sebi alkaline diet can also help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease
- It can help to promote weight loss by helping the body to get rid of toxins and by restoring balance.
- The diet can also help to improve your energy levels, skin health, and digestion.
Should You Follow an Alkaline Diet?
Because the alkaline diet is a healthy dietary lifestyle that excludes most unhealthy unprocessed foods and animal products, you should follow the diet.
The diet promotes health since it prohits all forms of acidic foods, hence its a great way to incorporate healthy living into your life.
If you are interested in following an alkaline diet, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. First, it is important to make sure that you are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables. These foods are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help to improve your health.
Finally, you should drink plenty of water. Water helps to flush out the toxins from your body and can also help to keep your skin hydrated.
Foods to Avoid on an Alkaline Diet
Foods to avoid on an alkaline diet include animal foods, processed foods, sugary foods, caffeine, and alcohol. It is best to stick to whole, unprocessed plant-based foods when following an alkaline diet. S
If you are looking to follow an alkaline diet, you need to skip all processed and animal foods. These foods are very high in unhealthy fats, and sugar – which increases your body’s acidity and leads to all forms of maladies.
For a comprehensive list of foods to avoid on the Dr. Sebi diet, check out the Dr. Sebi Alkaline diet food list to avoid.
The Dr. Sebi alkaline food list is a great starting point for anyone interested in following an alkaline diet. This is because it is a very healthy aspect of the alkaline diet, since it excludes most plant-based hybrid foods, processed foods (vegan and non vegan) as well as animal food products.
By focus on consuming whole, unprocessed foods, you can help to improve your overall health and well-being.