Our body is a complex system with more than a hundred different minerals. Seaweeds are some of the best sources of excellent mineralization for the human body.
Seaweed strengthens the bones and the brain. A weed that you can consume every day while staying on an alkaline diet.
Dr. Sebi explains:
Dr. Sebi advocates sea moss because it is a perfect way to make your body electric and healthy. He recommends seamoss when you want to start the process of detox and fasting. Because of the fasting, the body needs more healing and a more significant intake of minerals.
Most seaweeds contain potassium iodide, potassium phosphate, and a significant % of calcium and magnesium. This fact is scientifically supported and approved.
What Does Dr. Sebi Say About Seaweeds?
Dr. Sebi loves seaweed and especially the Irish sea moss. Irish sea moss has the Latin name Chondrus Crispus and belongs to the red algae family. You can find this alga in rocky sea places in the Atlantic, North America, and Europe. It has a soft texture with a green to dark red color.
In some of Dr. Sebi’s teaching, he explains that a sick person is full of mucus. And that to start the healing process, you need to start with fasting. Sea moss will not only detox you, but also replenish lost minerals as a result of the detoxification process. The is the revitalization phase.
He says that sea moss have many benefits for the body. You really need to check out the post as I went in-depth.
Are Seaweeds Alkaline?
There are no written records on how old the seaweed is, and you can just assume that seaweed is old as the mother earth and oceans are. Sea moss is rich in polysaccharide carrageenan, high-value proteins, and different minerals.
It contains all essential nutritional elements that are building blocks of the human body and research shows that most edible seaweeds are alkaline-forming once ingested into your body.
What Type of Seaweeds Are Approved by Dr. Sebi?
As we have plants on the ground, there are sea plants in the form of alga approved in the alkaline diet plan. Many different seaweeds can be added to many meals or used as snacks.
Here is a list of approved seaweeds that you can use
- Sea Moss – This type of seaweed is rich in vitamins and minerals, including iodine, calcium, and magnesium. It’s also a good source of fiber. Sea moss can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Sea moss has so many health benefits and it can be used as a thickener in soups and smoothies, or it can be enjoyed on its own.
- Bladderwrack seaweed – Characteristic brown seaweed used in traditional medicine as a supplement for many ailments. It is recommended for digestive issues, iodine deficiency, thyroid dysfunction, obesity, and rehydration.
- Kelp – It originates from the Laminariales algae family. It can absorb sea minerals and vitamins that you can use as a natural supplement. Kelp is a natural source of iodine that helps with thyroid problems.
- Dulse – An Atlantic seaweed, a complete package of minerals like magnesium and calcium. This alga is connected with better bone and joint health. Because of its rich mineral content, dulse helps with blood pressure problems and better eyesight.
- Nori is a very popular seaweed widely used for cooking sushi and onigiri. It has a strong fishy flavor that gives an extra taste to the Asian dishes. This weed is an acceptable source of minerals that can give you extra energy in a day.
- Wakame – Green slim weed rich in fibers and minerals. It is used in many salads and smoothie recipes. Research shows beneficial effects on cholesterol level, blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight loss.
- Arame – Seaweed with beautiful dark brown color that grows in sandy areas of the sea. It is different from the other weeds because it has a semisweet taste and soft texture. You can add this seaweed to any cooking recipe like soups, appetizers, muffins, and smoothies. From a nutrition review, arame is rich in iodine, magnesium, iron, calcium, and vitamin A.
- Hijiki – Interesting type of seaweed that originates from the rocky places in Japan sea. It is very popular around Asia giving many essential minerals to the cooked dishes. It is considered a functional food because of the content of minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, and iodine. It helps with the digestion because hijiki is rich in fibers that help the growth of good bacterial flora in your intestines.
List of Approved Seaweeds on the Dr. Sebi Alkaline Diet
As Dr. Sebi says, seaweeds are the best food you can take because they are electrical and give every mineral your body needs. He had recommended a list of seaweeds that can be used in meals, like a juice or like a baked snack.
Here are the Dr. Sebi approved seaweeds:
- Sea Moss
Try to incorporate the seaweeds into your diet to reap the benefits of its high mineral content. The good thing is, they can be used as favorings or spices and can be added directly to dishes. Each type of seaweed is highly alkaline with many health benefits.
- Dr. Sebi on Beans: What Does He Recommend?
- Dr. Sebi on Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Dr. Sebi On Buckwheat
- Dr. Sebi On Coffee: What Does He Say?
- Dr. Sebi On Fish And Seafood
What is the pH level of Sea Moss?
Ph balance is crucial for a healthy and vital body. If your body becomes acidic, there is a great chance of becoming vulnerable to infections and diseases.
Most seaweeds are alkaline-forming and has a pH level of 9. With its strong alkaline influence, seaweed is a perfect addition to the standard alkaline diet.
Dr. Sebi on Sea Moss
Dr. Sebi made sea moss popular by including it in his detox and healing regimens. At age 30, he, himself fasted on Sea Moss and water for 90 days to rid himself of diabetes and impotence. He was successful and went on to have many children after 60 years old.
The variety he recommended was Chrondus crispus, which is the original Irish moss. There are individuals like Dr. Sebi who’ve lived to a Sea Moss and water fasting for a lengthy time.
Although seamoss has been used for hundreds of years by cultures living off the sea, it is only recently became known as a “superfood” and is being marketed as an immune-boosting, skin-healing, and digestion-improving food.
This sea plant is particularly popular in the Dr. Sebi diet. Sea moss was one of the Dr. Sebi-approved foods which he recommended for a number of conditions. One of the reasons Dr. Sebi valued this food so much is that it contains the most minerals including the very important mineral, Iron.
According to Dr. Sebi, being anemic and lacking in Iron is perhaps the root cause of illness. He also noted that Sea moss was powerful in clearing up mucus. Preventing the accumulation of mucus is key to staying free of most, including many neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, dementia, etc.
If you want to alkalize your organism and fight off infections, sea moss is an excellent natural source that will empower your organism. It is a traditional remedy that many cultures have used for centuries.
- When is the Best Time to Consume Sea Moss?
- What Vitamins Are in Sea Moss? Untold Facts and Benefits
- What is the Best Way to Consume Sea Moss? [Gel, Powder and Pills]
- What is Sea Moss Water? [Benefits + How to Make]
- What is Sea Moss Good For?
- What Happens When You Take Sea Moss Daily?
- What Happens When You Eat Expired Sea Moss?
- What are the 10 Minerals Missing from Sea Moss?
- Top 10 Sea Moss Benefits For Skin
- The Many Benefits of Sea Moss: Gold, Purple, and Green Types