Making your own lip balm is a fun and easy way to keep your lips soft and smooth. This recipe uses sea moss, which is a natural source of minerals and vitamins that is known to help soothe chapped lips.
Follow this guide to learn how to make steps to make your own sea moss lip balm at home in simple steps.
Can You Use Sea Moss on Your Lips?
Sea moss is a great source of minerals, including iodine, calcium, magnesium and potassium. It also contains vitamins A and C.
Sea moss can be used on the lips to help hydrate them and keep them from becoming chapped or dry. While Sea moss can be applied directly to the lips, it can be made into balm, gloss or scrub.
How to Make Your Own Natural Lip Balm?
Some of the best lip balms are made from natural ingredients. One popular option is beeswax, which helps to lock in moisture and protect against wind and sun damage. Another popular choice is coconut oil, which is known for its hydrating properties. So, how do you make your own natural lip balm?
Simply melt a small amount of beeswax on the stove. Add an oil base such as coconut oil, olive oil, or another desired oil and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into a lip balm tube or jar and let cool completely.
If you want a bit of color, you can add ingredients like strawberries.
How to Make the 3-Ingredient Lip Balm
Making your own lip balms is fun and easy. Using sea moss in a lip balm recipe can help to further nourish the lips, prevent dryness, heal chapped lips, and restore health to lips in need of healing.
Here’s how to make your own lip balm fro only three ingredients, yes, you heard right – just 3 ingredients!
Sea Moss Lip Balm Recipe
This lip balm recipe calls for only 3 ingredients. And they’re all natural. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
Sea moss oil: This oil is often used in skincare products due to its hydrating and nourishing properties.
Beeswax: Beeswax is a natural wax that’s produced by bees. It’s often used as a thickening agent in cosmetics, and it can also help to bind ingredients together.
Essential oils: Essential oils are concentrated extracts from plants often used in aromatherapy and can also be added to cosmetics for their scent or therapeutic benefits.
- In a double boiler, melt one half ounce of beeswax pellets. Do not do this on high heat, but rather let this melt gradually under low heat.
- When the beeswax is melted, add two tablespoons of sea moss infused oil. The recipe to create this is outlined above.
- Stir this thoroughly until the beeswax and sea moss-infused oil is blended well.
- At this time, you can remove the double boiler from heat and add five to ten drops of essential oils of your choice. Some great oils to complement this recipe include helichrysum, geranium, lavender, and frankincense. However, the addition of essential oils is optional.
- Once everything is blended, carefully pour the oil into tins or lip balm tubes to cool. If you are using lip balm tubes, you may need a small funnel or small cup with a spout to making pouring easier and more precise.
- Let these sit in a cool area to harden. It may take several hours for them to completely harden. Speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Use this lip balm as needed to restore moisture to lips and prevent chapping. This will come in especially handy in the winter months.
- The Best DIY Sea Moss Lotion and Body Butter Recipe
- Sea Moss Oil for Skin and Face
- Sea Moss Oil For Hair: How to Make and Use
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Sea Moss Body Scrub
- How To Make Sea Moss Soap [+Top 10 Benefits]
How to Use Sea Moss Lip Balm
To actually use sea moss lip balm, take a pea-sized amount of balm and rub it between your fingers to soften it up. Then, apply the balm to your lips and work it in gently.
You can apply sea moss lip balm as often as you like – whenever your lips feel dry or chapped, just reach for the balm and slather it in. Sea moss lip balm is packed with nutrients that will help to keep your lips supple, healthy and hydrated.
Sea moss lip balm is a great way to keep your lips hydrated and healthy all year round. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your own sea moss lip balm at home.
This recipe is easy to follow, and the end result is a natural lip balm that’s perfect for keeping your lips soft and smooth.