With all the ways to use sea moss, what about the ways to use the various colors of sea moss? Different colors of sea moss may indicate different varieties. However, some species of sea moss come in a variety of colors but are technically the same kind of sea moss.
Two popular varieties of sea moss are Irish Sea Moss, which is often purple or red in color and Caribbean Sea moss, which is often gold or yellow in color. There is also a shade of sea moss that is green.
Gold vs Purple vs Green Sea Moss
The golden variety of sea moss is stringier and fingerlike. It is often harvested in warmer waters where it grows year round. It is said to be a good source of phytonutrients.
The purple variety has fan-like tops. It is often harvested from cooler waters, which is likely where it got the name “Irish Sea Moss.” The purple variety is said to be an excellent source of antioxidants. The green variety is found in warmer waters like the gold sea moss. It is thought to be an excellent source of chlorophyll.
How to Use Gold Sea Moss
Gold sea moss is great for use in cleanses and detoxes. It is full of essential and beneficial phytonutrients that nourish the body. Some people use this sea moss to create a gel that they use in smoothies and nutrition drinks during a fast.
Using this sea moss during a cleanse or fast involves first preparing it for consumption. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Rinse the sea moss in a colander until the debris and salt are washed off.
- Soak the sea moss in a bowl of water overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, remove the soaked sea moss and discard the water.
- Place the sea moss into a blender and add a small amount of spring water. Start with a few tablespoons. You can always add more if needed.
- Blend the soaked sea moss and water until it reaches a gel-like consistency. It will appear smooth and thick when it is finished.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a sterile glass jar with a lid and store this in the refrigerator.
- Add one tablespoon of this gel to a nutrition drink or smoothie and drink this up to four times a day.
- Some people choose to cleanse their body by avoiding food and only drinking nutrition drinks with sea moss gel for several days to one week.
- If you choose to do this cleanse, make sure to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
How to Use Purple Sea Moss
Purple sea moss is rich in antioxidants and other vital plant compounds. It makes an excellent source of nutrition for those seeking to add more to their health routine. Antioxidants work in the body to eliminate free radicals that can lead to cellular damage.
This color of sea moss would be great for those concerned about cancer or those who wish to boost their immune systems. It would also be a good choice for those who need more well-rounded nutrition in their diet.
Follow the steps below to create a healthy and antioxidant-rich purple sea moss drink for optimal nutrition:
- Rinse off the purple sea moss and place it in a bowl of water to sit overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, pour off the water and remove the sea moss. Add it to a blender, along with a few tablespoons of water, and blend everything together well. Add more water if needed. You should blend the sea moss and water until you have a smooth, gel-like consistency. Pour this in a glass jar with a lid and store it in the refrigerator.
- To make an antioxidant powerhouse drink with your purple sea moss gel, add one tablespoon of gel to a blender. Next, add 1/3 cup of blueberries, 1/3 cup of blackberries, and 1/3 cup of raspberries, and half cup spring water. Blend everything together well.
- Drink this antioxidant shake up to twice daily.
How to Use Green Sea Moss
Green sea moss gets its color from its chlorophyll content. Chlorophyll is a beneficial plant compound that helps with inflammation in the body. The anti-inflammatory effects of chlorophyll make green sea moss a powerful ally if you are looking for a remedy to help with pain and inflammation in the body.
It is especially helpful for those with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Follow the steps below to make a powerful anti-inflammatory nutrition drink with green sea moss:
- Rinse off the green sea moss and soak it overnight in a bowl of water.
- The next day, discard the water and add the sea moss to a blender.
- Add a little water to the blender and blend everything together until you have a smooth, gel-like consistency.
- Store this in a glass jar with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator between uses.
- To create an anti-inflammatory nutrition drink, start by adding one tablespoon of green sea moss gel to a blender.
- Add one cup of kale and one cup of chopped cucumbers. Add a cup of ice and a splash of water or hemp milk. Sweeten it with a tablespoon of agave syrup or dates
- Blend everting on high until it is smooth.
- Drink one to two servings of this daily.
- Real Vs Fake Sea Moss: 14 Ways To Tell Your Sea Moss Is fake
- Can Sea moss make you sick? 14 Side Effects of Sea Moss to Watch Out for
- What is Sea Moss Good For?
- How to Make Sea moss Gel – Two Ways!
- How is Sea Moss Grown, Harvested and Processed? What You Need to Know
Full Spectrum Sea Moss Gel
You can also create a combination of all the different sea moss colors to use daily. Simply add equal amounts of each color to rinse and soak. Add them to a blender with some water and blend them together well.
Use this full-spectrum sea moss blend in nutrition drinks and smoothies, making sure to have one to two tablespoons daily.
In this article, we’ve outlined the different types of sea moss and their uses. We hope you find this article helpful. If you have any questions or want to share your experiences using sea moss, please leave a comment below.